BUSINESS OPERATIONS | PROGRAM MANAGEMENT | STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
Business and biotechnology leader with 9 years of experience implementing strategic planning for business operations innovation and expertise in executing project management with continuous improvement for organizations. Collaborator with fellow management on developing and integrating new systems to enable program strategy for streamlined business processes and business development. Able to analyze business analytics/data/metrics to make recommendations and provide expertise in deciphering business challenges to drive direction for cross-functional teams to develop product, relationships/partnerships, and commercial strategies. Diversified qualitative/quantitative skillset, such as process automation, project and resource management, and business process management to achieve organizational goals. Well-versed in communicating and managing science and business interactions/transactions with internal/external partners to deliver on portfolio governance, asset management, and pipeline priorities.
2015 - Present Biogen - Cambridge, MA
Supervisor, Analytical Development
Manage 2 teams of 18 FTEs, internal and outsourced teams in testing, method development, and method validation across biologics, pharmaceuticals, and anti-sense oligonucleotides. Create a sustainable organization through cross-training. Developed metrics and visualizations to help inform the organization, from informing bench scientists about upcoming urgent testing to providing data on the impact of investment in automation technologies.
- Manage internal team of 7 FTEs to support rapid biochemical testing for biologics and anti-sense oligonucleotides. Implement value stream mapping across testing workflows to minimize wasted effort and redundant activities, decreasing turnaround time for customers.
- Manage outsourced team of 11 FTEs and $2 million in spending for testing, method development and method validation across biologics, pharmaceuticals and anti-sense oligonucleotides. Created reports that automate the transfer of samples and data to external partners, reducing time spent managing this process by 20 hours a week. Streamlined the internal / external communication channels to reduce time required by our scientists in support of these activities and improve the relationship with our external partners.
2014 - 2015 Biogen - Cambridge, MA
Senior Analyst, Technical Development
Spearheaded the development and implementation of a new Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), in collaboration with internal departments and external partners. Leveraged expertise in both the development of the organization and improvement of the information systems to build a strategic roadmap for the future state of IT within the development organization.
Reduced time spent by 200 scientists on activities related to sample management through the implementation of the new LIMS System.
Led the development of LIMS video training modules, removing the need for 10-20 hours/month of instructor-led training and adding an on-demand training resource within the system.
Automated advanced metrics and reporting for development groups, replacing a process that took upwards of 25 FTE hours/month, and delivering a report that updated daily, providing a more relevant view of the business’ performance.
2010 - 2014 Biogen - RTP, NC
Process Development Engineer, Cell Culture
Experienced in cell culture development, disposable manufacturing implementation, and process scaling. Led multi-department equipment characterization projects across sites in the US and internationally. Led transfer of multiple biosimilar programs through pilot development and into manufacturing. Coordinated and led a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate technical feasibility of creating a disposable manufacturing suite. Led troubleshooting and redevelopment of scale down models for multiple upcoming commercial products in support of drug filing.
- Considered an expert within company in the areas of bioreactor characterization through mass transfer and mixing, computational fluid dynamics, and evaluation and implementation of process analytics technology.
2007 - 2009 Biogen - RTP, NC
Pilot Plant Co-op, Cell Culture
Operated chromatography, ultrafiltration, and diafiltration processes in pilot suite. Planned and executed individual research projects to improve process scaling and reactor monitoring. Led multi-department equipment characterization projects across sites in the US and internationally.
- Conducted a vast array of mass transfer experiments and data analysis to support scaling between manufacturing and pilot plant scales and demonstrating scaling techniques to group members company-wide to decrease product transfer time across scales.
- Compiled company-wide data, developed efficient analysis tools, interpreted results through technical research and company's previous procedures, and reported on the feasibility of utilizing online viable biomass probes.